Summer Gathering Weekend Camp
Friday 29th – Sunday 31st July 2022
Chiltern Hills, Nr. Aylesbury
From 2:00pm on Friday – Sunday 4:00pm
Maximum number of 18 participants
Open to AHPb members and to those interested in finding out more about AHPb.
Re-connecting and re-vitalising is the theme.
A space to connect, drop down, celebrating being alive, and being together. We will huddle together, speak from our hearts, cry to the winds, laugh, shout, dance, sing; being together as simply as we can, as real as we can. We will give some time to explore:
- What is AHPb and who is AHPb right now in Britain? On a body, heart and soul, roots and wings dimension – personally in each of us.
- How does Humanistic Psychology inspire and inform each of us in the day-to-day living of our lives?
- How might we grow into an alive grass roots network for change and development at this point in human evolution?
We wish to see more events offered that support at a grass roots level the hunger and search for a deeper more connected living, and unfolding of our human potential. That whatever is going on in the world we can nevertheless go within, finding our inner resources and creativity, and experience the support and encouragement that is possible through a vibrant network of connectivity that we can both give to and receive from.
Small is beautiful:
For this camp there is a maximum of 18 places. We see this as an opportunity at this challenging time of our evolution for new seeds to come forth, new shoots and new growth from the ground of our being.
We will be camping on an organic farm with panoramic views. We have a beautiful 8 meter (26 feet) diameter carpeted bell tent with wood burning stove to meet in. We will dance on the Earth, and cook communally around an open fire. There will be space to relax, to meet, to dance, to share, to go for walks and to sit under the stars at night. Back to basics yet comfortable facilities include a sheltered field to camp in, fire wood, outdoor kitchen area, toilet, mains water, and an outdoor hot shower 24 hours a day.
Food is not included except for breakfast. We will create a cooking rota before the camp so you can decide with your rota team what food to bring for the communal meals. You might want to prepare something in advance. Breakfast, including muesli, porridge, eggs, toast and marmalade is included in the price. There will also be a washing up rota.
It is not possible to bring dogs to the camp.
There are two half-price concessionary places available in exchange for helping to set up and take down the camp infrastructure. If you are interested please contact Tim on 07768 342 328. Crew members need to arrive by midday on the Thursday to help set up the camp and to stay until the Monday to help take down the camp.
Tim Broughton: firstname.lastname@example.org, 07768 342 328.
Please book via Eventbrite.
There is a maximum of 18 participants so please book your place soon should you wish to come. If the camp sells out we will operate a waiting list (please email email@example.com to be added to this).
Please let us know as soon as possible if something comes up and you cannot attend this camp. We always endeavour to treat cancellations fairly and sympathetically.
• If you cancel more than 8 weeks before the camp begins (prior to 3rd June) we will refund 50% of your fee.
• If you cancel within 8 weeks of the camp beginning, no refund will be given unless we find a replacement for the vacancy created by your cancellation.
• However if we are full and find a replacement for your place, in both cases above, we will refund the full amount you have paid, minus an administration fee of £30.
• If you leave the camp before the end, there is no refund.
• We reserve the right to cancel the camp (e.g. if there are not enough participants or in the case of illness of those organising the camp, in which case we will refund to you all payments made to us by you.